Job Title: Community Fundraiser
Based at: Paul’s Cancer Support Centre, 20-22 York Road, London, SW11 3QA
Reports to: Finance Manager
Salary: £15,990 (£26,650 pro rata 21/35 hours)
Hours: 21 hours per week with some flexibility and occasional evening and weekend work.
Contract: Immediate start on temporary contract until 31 March 2019 with a view to becoming permanent.
Purpose of the Post
- Raise funds from a range of sources across assigned locality.
- Monitor, evaluate and identify learning points from each area of activity.
- Achieve agreed income targets and return on investment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Approach local businesses, clubs and societies, schools and other organisations with a view to establishing and maintaining fundraising initiatives.
- Account manage charity of the year partnerships with local supermarkets and other businesses
- Work with other local voluntary organisations to maximise joint fundraising opportunities
Volunteer and supporter liaison and care
- Recruit, support, motivate and develop local and other individuals as fundraising volunteers ensuring that they have a clear understanding of Paul’s and of our purpose
- Oversee fundraising work and activities undertaken by volunteers and supporters and co-ordinate participation and involvement
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new supporters and volunteers within the community, maximising fundraising and developing long term supporters
- Provide supporter care to all fundraisers, donors and volunteers and extend a good welcome to all volunteers and supporters who visit the Centre
- Provide guidance and help to supporters when planning their own events.
- Help to plan, organise and hold events led by Paul’s such as the Christmas concert and any other events planned by the Community Fundraising sub-committee.
- Attend fundraising and other events as required. This may involve some weekend and evening work.
- Work to maximise benefit from places purchased at challenge events such as Santa in the City and the London Marathon.
Awareness and Outreach
- Help promote Paul’s as an innovative and valued provider of services for people with cancer, their families and carers.
- Research opportunities to promote Paul’s by attendance at community events, and lead on our participation in such events.
- Work with colleagues on initiatives to build awareness of Paul’s.
- Produce materials for supporters.
- Contribute to the creation of fundraising materials and resources for use locally.
- Acknowledge donations appropriately; write effective thank you letters.
- Respond to enquiries made by phone, post and email.
- Maintain supporter data and ensure that records are up to date and complete.
- Participate in, and administer, the Community Fundraising sub-committee.
- Produce reports and supply data as required.
- Attend staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Carry out other tasks consistent with the general remit of the post.
Key skills and competencies
|Excellent communication and social skills Ability to communicate effectively and influentially with a range of stakeholders verbally and in writing|
|Excellent organisational skills with a logical mind|
|Numerate and literate to an excellent standard|
|Good capability with Microsoft Office 365 online, Microsoft Office suite including Publisher and PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop|
|Experience of creating promotional materials and reports using Microsoft Office|
|Ability to deal with multiple priorities and work to deadlines|
|Experience of proactive fundraising to small businesses, clubs and schools and other groups|
|Ability to carry out research using a variety of resources including knowledge of using fundraising databases|
|Ability to use own initiative and generate ideas|
|Dynamic, self-motivated person who has the ability to work unsupervised whilst also being a team player|
Volunteers are a vital force of the Centre and by joining us you will contribute to the Centre changing lives. We are currently recruiting for the following volunteer roles.
Fundraising and Marketing volunteers
Are you looking to get back into the work place, gain new skills and experiences, meet new friends, broaden your horizons...
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our Fundraising and Marketing team to help raise awareness and also much needed funds for Paul's Cancer Support Centre. Opportunities range from:
- carrying out research on potential new funders,
- drafting funding applications, and proof reading colleagues applications;
- helping to organise local fundraising events e.g. danceathon's quiz nights, pop-up stalls
- giving talks about the Centre to local businesses, schools and workplaces.
You will have the flexibility to develop your skills as per your interests and talents. If you would like to discuss these opportunities further please contact Teresa Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support and Reception volunteers
Do you like meeting people and do you have a good telephone manner? We are looking for volunteers to join our support team to meet and greet clients and visitors with a warm welcome at our Centre in Battersea.
We are looking for people who can offer half or a full day per week during the hours of 9.30-5.00pm Monday to Friday. For a role description and to apply click here.
Paul’s Cancer Support Centre is expanding the wellbeing activities it offers to people affected by cancer and we are looking for volunteer Yoga and Tai chi teachers experienced in working with people who are adjusting to living with a long term condition.
We are specifically looking for practitioners who:
- are warm and approachable and can support people who may at times feel anxious and vulnerable,
- can adapt their practice for people who are recovering from cancer treatments,
- have 2-3 hours per week/fortnight/ to facilitate a group class.
Massage Therapists - Centre
Would you like to share your skills as a qualified massage therapist and offer gentle compassionate touch to someone affected by cancer?
You will be offered a full induction training, monthly reflective supervision and you will be welcomed into a warm and supportive team. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
For an application form and more information please contact Marisca Ribeiro at email@example.com