Volunteers are a vital force of the Centre and by joining us you will contribute to the Centre changing lives. We are currently recruiting for the following volunteer roles.
Fundraising and Marketing volunteers
Are you looking to get back into the work place, gain new skills and experiences, meet new friends, broaden your horizons...
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our Fundraising and Marketing team to help raise awareness and also much needed funds for Paul's Cancer Support Centre. Opportunities range from:
- carrying out research on potential new funders,
- drafting funding applications, and proof reading colleagues applications;
- helping to organise local fundraising events e.g. danceathon's quiz nights, pop-up stalls
- giving talks about the Centre to local businesses, schools and workplaces.
You will have the flexibility to develop your skills as per your interests and talents. If you would like to discuss these opportunities further please contact Sceherazade Ameer on 020 7801 2965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support and Reception volunteers
Do you like meeting people and do you have a good telephone manner? We are looking for volunteers to join our support team to meet and greet clients and visitors with a warm welcome at our Centre in Battersea.
We are looking for people who can offer half or a full day per week during the hours of 9.30-5.00pm Monday to Friday. For a role description and to apply click here.
Paul’s Cancer Support Centre is expanding the wellbeing activities it offers to people affected by cancer and we are looking for volunteer Art and Dance Therapists and Yoga Teachers experienced in working with people who are adjusting to living with a long term condition.
We are specifically looking for practitioners who:
- are warm and approachable and can support people who may at times feel anxious and vulnerable,
- can adapt their practice for people who are recovering from cancer treatments,
- have 2-3 hours per week/fortnight/month to facilitate a group class.
Massage Therapists - Centre
Would you like to share your skills as a qualified massage therapist and offer gentle compassionate touch to someone affected by cancer?
You will be offered a full induction training, monthly reflective supervision and you will be welcomed into a warm and supportive team. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
For an application form and more information please call Marisca Ribeiro on 020 7924 3924 or email email@example.com